It’s hot hot hot in NE Ohio. We talked about tips last summer. Here are some more.
- #1 recommendation – never ever leave your dog in the car. Ever. The temperature in the car can quickly rise to over 130 degrees, even if the outside temperature is in the 70’s.
- How to prevent/treat heat exhaustion.
- Wet your clothes, like the sleeves of your shirt, to stay cool. But don’t waste water – a little water should do the trick.
- Drink lots of water.
- Use your stove less. Grill your dinner, or make cool meals during hot summer days. Using the stove or oven will heat the whole room, sometimes prompting the A/C to kick on and waste energy.
- Use peppermint soap or lotion. Peppermint on the skin has a very cooling effect. (think IcyHot or BioFreeze)
- Go to the library. Chances are, the A/C is blasting in there. Learn and cool off at the same time!
- Remember, it’s summer… it’s ok to be warm. Turn down the A/C to save energy and money. You’ll also feel cooler when go you somewhere that is air conditioned.