Real Simple has come up with 8 ways to cut waste when grocery shopping. Keep these things in mind to save money, and the environment:
1. Skip single-serving items.
2. Purchase juice concentrates.
3. Avoid disposable goods.
4. Use your own canvas or string bags.
5. Use produce bags only for moist or small, loose items, such as lettuce and berries.
6. When possible, purchase goods in cans or glass instead of plastic containers. Glass can be recycled indefinitely.
7. Look for multipurpose cleaners instead of buying one for each kind of surface. Or, make your own.
8. Close the loop. Purchase products that have been recycled and can be recycled by you.