Try not to let your furry friend munch on these goodies. They can cause major problems for dogs.
- Alcohol (and yeast) – can cause a coma
- Coffee – increased heart rate and seizures
- Chocolate – dark or milk can cause vomiting and death
- Macadamia nuts -temporary paralysis in the hind legs
- Garlic – breaks down red blood cells causing anemia and kidney failure
- Onions – damages hemoglobin. Small bits at a time have a dangerous cumulative effect.
- Grapes (and raisins) – renal failure
I’m sure lots of dogs have had a little of at least one of these, but it’s best to avoid them now that we know.