It’s cold and flu season, but *crossing fingers* I rarely catch the affliction. Here are my secrets.
Aside from eating a healthy diet that includes a variety of grains, vegetables, fruits, and proteins, I do these things every day to prevent colds, the flu, and headaches:
- Garlic pill. It’s odorless and is my sure-fire, fail-safe cold prevention. I never miss a day!
- Netipot. I got a new netipot for my birthday. Love it! I do the netipot every day during spring and fall.
- Drink lots of water and tea. Lots.
- Nettle tea. If you’ve got allergies, drink nettle tea.
- Wash hands often. And protect your skin with a good moisturizer.
- Use essential oils like peppermint to clear sinuses and prevent headaches.
If I start to feel like a cold is coming on, or I’ve been near sick people, I do these things, even if I’m not sick.
- Continue with the prevention tactics.
- Get extra sleep.
- Eat lentil or split pea soup. Load up on the protein, naturally.
- Drink pure pomegranate juice. Hint: mix pomegranate juice with Dark Chocolate Almond Milk by Silk for a tootsie-roll pop beverage. You get super antioxidants and protein in this yummy drink. (this does NOT work with cranberry juice)
- Drink even more water and tea.
- Put some peppermint oil or Vics vaporub on the bottom of your feet when you go to bed.
- In addition to garlic, take a zinc supplement.
- Many people use oregano oil to ward off sickness, but I haven’t tried it.
What is your favorite cold prevention or remedy?